Here it is three days after Christmas and I’ve just taken down all the Christmas decorations. There’s no sign of Christmas wrap or angel glitter anywhere…. Blank walls stare back at me. No corners filled with gifts, no animated jolly Santa figures greeting me with ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas .No nativity filling the mantel. No Christmas tree shining brightly. Nope, it’s all gone, tucked away neatly until next year.
I have wonderful memories, photos of grandchildren neck deep in gift wrapping and covered in holiday spirit. Smiles as bright as the sun, and teeth covered in chocolate. The smell of pumpkin spice scented candles still fills our home, and there’s no missing the extra inch around my middle (no diet during the holidays.)But the décor is all gone. I’m ready to ring in the New Year.
I know some people get the after Christmas blues. So, I thought I’d share my “Happy Helpers”, simple ways to put the Happy back into your home ;
- Add a bowl of bright yellow lemons to your table. They smell great and the vibrant color triggers happy feelings.
- Throw a few brightly colored pillows around or add a bright colored throw to help lift your spirits.
- Clear away clutter and display a collection of your favorite things. Why keep them in a box, show them off and get some Happy too
- Handmade objects can also add Happy to your surroundings.
- Listen to Happy music; this is my favorite Happy Helper. Here’s a short list, but there are many more to chose from.
Come On Get Happy by The Partridge Family
Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves
Shiny Happy People by-R.E.M.
I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas
What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
I hope you had a wonderful holiday. The decorations are gone but the Happy can still remain. I wish you a very Happy New Year filled with only good things!
Copyright ©Bobskatie enterprises-all rights reserved