Monday

Pretty Little Boxes


I had to restrain myself when I was at the shop the other day. I'm usually pretty good about buying just what is needed. I try not to stray to far from the list. But,I am drawn like a magnet to pretty boxes. I just love them. There's just something wonderful about putting something ordinary into something, well... extraordinary!

I managed to keep my money in my wallet and just ooh-ed and ahh-ed a bit. 

When I came home I started looking around and realized that I really do have a lot of  pretty little boxes..... everywhere. In just about every room and cupboard. I even keep my tea bags in one!

 There are some in the master bath closet
    Some velvet covered ones in our master clothes closet ( no you're not seeing double) I have two of the same boxes. I actually have several duplicates throughout the house.
 There are some baskets too.



                                                        Some in the guest's linen closet.

I  have a few baskets in the den closet holding greeting cards.



                                 My favorite boxes have a little ribbon on them, or a beach scene ( the beach always makes me think of time well spent).


As long as there is stuff, I'm sure I'll need pretty boxes.
Do you have a lot of boxes, baskets or other containers that you like to keep things in? What draws you like a magnet when you go into the shops?

* we're only 98 followers away from a giveaway!!

21 comments:

kathy said...

I too love boxes and baskets. I am a sucker for bows and floral prints! I belive as you do that you can never have enough! Thanks for the fun post.

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely to see all your pretty boxes. I must admit, I'm a sucker for them as well.

Sue said...

I love and use boxes and baskets too Katherine, but those tow ladies in the firts pic. are the hoot.Lol. Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your day.
Sue

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful boxes and baskets. I have to admit, I love them myself!

Bossy Betty said...

OK, OK, I really have to get rid of some of the old shoeboxes I use to store things in!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

very pretty boxes and nicely stacked. I'm not sure what calls me when I'm in a store....I guess paper since I have tons of it. Scrapbook paper, there's so many pretty prints, I have a closet full of paper.

Debbie said...

Those are lovely. I also have some pretty boxes in closets. I, too, am drawn to them in stores.

Unknown said...

I also love to ooh & aww but can usually walk away unless the price is so good. The first picture was awesome.
Odie

Justabeachkat said...

I love them too. I love to be able to hide things out of sight but close at hand.

Hugs,
Kat

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I too put things into boxes for safe and tidy keeping.
They have some very collectable ones out now.

Loved the post and pics also.
Yvonne.

Brandi said...

I love your organized closets!

Donna said...

I LOVE boxes and bags and labeled container of any kind!! I'm a self confessed box-aholic! (sp?)
The more bows and ribbons on them the better...lol!
Yours are cute and your closets cuter!!

annie said...

Yup! Everything looks better in a lovely box. I use them and seagrass baskets where I can.
Love, love, love them!

Desert Dreaming said...

So pretty...I am a organizing freak, seriously...everytime I go to HomeGoods, or a shop that has beautiful storage, I have to buy a piece. I loves things organized, labeled and know exactly where something is at. But yours are just stunning.

Thanks for such an adorable post.

Joni

Lauren said...

came by from totally tuesday ! Love your blog!

Jade Rahl said...

I love baskets! They really add a homey touch.
New follower from MBC :)
http://slepperymind.blogspot.com

Karren Haller said...

Hi There I am your newest follower and appreciate that you are following mine. Check out my others at http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com or
http://livelaughlovetocook.blogspot.com
Thanks have a great day!
Karren

Gypsy Heart said...

I love them too! It feels like having hidden treasure for me...not sure why. I do love them and in a variety of styles and colors.
xo
Pat

Anonymous said...

I love pretty boxes as well. Various prints and embellishments make them so uniquely special. Yours are just beautiful.

caterpillar said...

They look so cute...I liked the black and red ones the best....

Catherine said...

Beautiful boxes indeed!! I too love boxes and containers. These are so pretty.
I am Catherine and married to a Robert, who's Mom, was from England.
I am following you and am new to blogging. I'd love it if you'd check out my blog at:
http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/

Catherine at Oak Lawn Images